Our latest recipe is so egg-stra. Made with everyone’s favourite Easter treat, these Mini Egg Chocolate Cookies are a delicious indulgence that pairs perfectly with your Balzac’s eggs-presso. It’s a treat that every-bunny will be reaching for. Hop to it!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup mini eggs crushed into medium pieces
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer or a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
- Add egg, vanilla extract and milk. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- In the same bowl, add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix until combined, but not past that to avoid over mixing.
- Fold in crushed mini eggs and chocolate chips.
- Chill cookie dough for at least 15 minutes.
- Scoop balls onto a cookie sheet and bake until golden on the edges. 10-12 minutes. Slightly soft in the middle is ideal.
- Sprinkle additional mini egg pieces on top while cookies are hot.
- Let cool as they will flatten further as they sit.
- Pair with your favourite cup of Balzac's coffee.