BoOOoost your heart rate with these devilishly delicious Halloween Espresso Cookies made with Balzac’s Espresso and an indulgent chocolate touch.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup orange and brown m&ms + extra for topping
- 1 Shot Balzac's Espresso
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips and m&ms in a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla, espresso and whisk or use a mixer until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and use a spatula to work everything together.
- Scoop small/medium cookie balls onto a baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Top with more m&ms and bake until soft but not hard ~ 7-10 minutes.