Three (ultra indulgent) words for you: chocolate espresso cheesecake. Though simple on their own, together the flavours of rich chocolate, sophisticated espresso and mouth-watering cheesecake come together to form the perfect chilled dessert.
- ½ cup finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp finely ground Balzac’s espresso beans
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp brewed Balzac’s Espresso, chilled
- 2 tsp cocoa powder (for decorating)
- Set oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all base crust ingredients and work through with a fork until evenly combined.
- In a muffin tin, add muffin liners and add a spoonful amount of crust into each liner.
- Using a small flat surfaced item, press down on the crust evenly to pack and fill the base of the liner. Set aside.
- For filling, in a large bowl, add cream cheese and sugar – with a mixer, beat until whipped and smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat until well combined, but not past that to avoid over mixing.
- Separate ½ cup of the filling into a separate bowl and add cocoa powder, mix until combined.
- Fill the remaining the of the muffin tin with the main filling, leaving a small amount of room before the top.
- Spoon a small dollop of the cocoa mixed filling on the top of each cheesecake and use a toothpick to swirl it on top.
- Bake for 15-20 mins or until the cheesecake has slight cracks in the top.
- Once removed and cooled, top with anything you choose. Our recommendations: Whipped cream, cocoa powder or melted chocolate.