Chocolate Espresso Cake Pops
Cake pops are the perfect little indulgence, and this particular cake pop recipe comes with the bonus of Balzac’s 100% Arabica Blend coffee. Topped with sprinkles, espresso beans and toffee bits, these desserts are as delicious as they are decorative.
Cake Pop Batter
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup hot, strong brewed Balzac’s Blend coffee
- 1 stick salted butter, room temperature
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Balzac’s espresso, brewed and chilled
- 1 tsp Balzac’s espresso grounds
- Exterior and Decorations:
- Lollipop sticks
- White melting chocolate
- Dark chocolate chips
- Red icing
- Green Icing
- Sprinkles, espresso beans, toffee pieces
- Begin by baking your chocolate cake. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all cake ingredients and fold together until well mixed.
- Pour into a cake pan and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until a fork comes out clean.
- Place in fridge to chill.
- Prepare the binding icing by combining all ingredients and whisking until well mixed and fluffy.
- Once cake is fully cooled, use a fork or hand mixer to crumble cake into fine crumbs.
- One spoonful at a time, add icing to cake crumbs and mix to combine, continuing to add icing until the batter sticks together well enough to form balls.
- Form well packed cake pops with your hands.
- Melt your chocolate and dip the tip of a lollipop stick.
- Push chocolate end of the stick into a cake ball.
- Place cake pops in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare melting chocolate and decorations.
- Coat each cake pop in melted chocolate and decorate as desired.
- Place finished cake pops in the fridge to harden and store.