Balzac’s Coffee Roasters opened in 1996 and now features seventeen locations as well as a wholesale division. Our focus is simple – to serve an exceptional product in a beautiful environment. Each of our locations has been carefully selected for its historic significance and character. Rich in detail and vintage ephemera, Balzac’s Cafes are perfect venues to delve into a good book, catch up with an old friend, or just simply enjoy a delicious cup of coffee and a sweet treat. We are currently seeking a Barista with part-time or full-time availability (including evenings, weekends, and holidays).
The position reports to the Café Manager. Previous Barista experience is preferred, but we are willing to train. A commitment and passion for customer service is critical.
- Customer Service
- Order Preparation
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong work ethic, keep the Café clean
- Maintain a positive work environment
- Maintaining of customer service and Café cleanliness standards
- Being an Ambassador for all company products and practices
- Barista experience preferred but not required
- Previous employment in customer service preferred
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Willingness to accept the most effective role
- Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Ability to work standing up for 8 hour shifts.
- Ability on occasion to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted and carry as required
- Ability to lift and turn throughout the shift
- Ability to twist, turn, reach and work above shoulder level.
Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment. Safe Food Handlers Certification would be an asset.
- Full-time and part-time, day shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Balzac’s is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and is an equal opportunity employer.
- All café locations, please indicate which café you are applying for.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Balzac’s will provide reasonable accommodation in compliance with AODA when notified by a candidate that accommodation due to a disability is required for the interview process. Apply with Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org